Webinars with Health Information Group Faculty:
- Connecting with Your Target Audience Using Social Media: 2012 Archived MCHB Webinar: This basic webinar provides attendees with an orientation to the basics of social media and how different platforms can be used in MCH. Speakers include John Richards and Tomeeka Farrington (Spotlight Communications). Moderated by Scott McMahon (IMPACt Inc.)
- Using Visual Apps to Connect with Your Target Audience on Social Networks: 2013 Archived MCHB Webinar: this webinar continues the discussion from the 2012 MCHB webinar and focuses on how to use images and visually-based social media platforms including Instagram, Pinterest, Vine, FiLMiC Pro and Path. They will also take-away best practices, and tips/tricks to help engage their target audience on social media. Speakers include John Richards and Tomeeka Farrington.
- Social Media Strategy: Moving Beyond "How-To:" 2013 AMCHP Skills-Building Session: this webinar provides real-life examples of how state and local MCH professionals have used social media in their work. Speakers include Christina Malin, MPH, MSW (Alameda County Public Health Department), Susan Colburn, BS (Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services), and Vanna Livaditis (Salt Lake Valley Health Department). Moderated by John Richards, MA, AITP (Georgetown University).
Presentations Given by Health Information Group Faculty:
Unless otherwise noted, presentations are saved in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- MCH Social Media. MCHB Popcorn Meeting, September 27, 2011.
- Division of Research, Training and Research: Distance Learning Projects 2011. Developed by the Distance Learing grantees for MCHB to use in presentations about the DL Initiative.
- Web 2.0 Technologies: MCH New Media. Short introduction of social media developed for the MCHB Webinar, 2010.
- Distance Learning: Lessons Learned. Association of University Centers on Disabilities, November 8, 2011.
- Using Social Media for Systems Change. Division of Services for Children with Special Health Care Needs, November 9, 2011 and at the NCC/RC PD/PM Annual Meeting, November 17, 2011.
- Using Social Media for MCH. Connections 2012, Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Meeting, June 12, 2012.